BladeRunners provides unemployed or under-employed youth with on-going support, job readiness skills and work-place training. Upon sucessful completion of the BladeRunners program each participant will have the chance to earn a multiple of certified health & safety and industry courses. The courses may include but will not be limited to: OFA Level 1, SP-100, SP-185, Radio & Basic GPS Use. Further more each participant will have the opportunity to earn certificates training in advanced 200 series areas such as: Crew Boss, Incident Command System, Use of Bulldozers, Fire Line Communications, Burn-off & Back Fire, & Fire Weather.
All Job Postings
Horton Ventures Inc., in Williams Lake, BC, is seeking a dynamic, outgoing individual to join our Team in Williams Lake, BC.
Our Company’s mission is to support and assist British Columbians to sustain employment. Our services support both unemployed individuals, to obtain employment, and employers, to sustain or increase their current human resource skill level.
As a contracted partner of the Target Skills Shortage Program (TSSP), we assist employers, in select industries, to grow the potential of their low skilled employees by providing access to training funds. To deliver this opportunity to employers in Cariboo Region, we are seeking a Training Coordinator to work with employers in identifying their needs and appropriate training courses that will grow their human resources.
The Training Coordinator position is a part-time (21 hrs/ week) position, at a pay rate of $17.00/hr, that will be in place until March 31, 2014.
The successful candidate will be accountable for
- Marketing the TSSP to eligible industry employers
- Investigating the employers current needs
- Assessing and Identifying training courses that will satisfy the needs of the employers
- Assessing employee eligibility for training
- Coordinating training plans and dates with training institutes for employees
- Performing administrative tasks associated with the program.
Western Canada’s leading food and consumer goods retailer is now looking for great people for future opportunities in our Grocery Departments. We are always looking for new team members to help our customers and ensure the departments are always well stocked and clean!
As a Team Member of Save-On-Foods you can expect so much more…
-An energetic work place -A great group of team members to work with! -Flexible hours (you will receive your schedule 3 weeks ahead of time) -Opportunity for advancement -Long term, stable job -Competitive benefits package -Industry competitive wages
Front Counter Staff, Helping customers with information and products, sourcing products, invoicing products, stocking shelves and assembly. Above all, customer service is key, the ability to go above and beyond to exceed a customers expectations. May include deliveries and servicing customers on site.
- Respond to all incoming phone calls and inquiries in a clear, audible and friendly manner
- He/she will refer all incoming calls to the appropriate staff person(s)
- Ensure incoming and outgoing mail is posted correctly
- Copies filed and recorded appropriately
- Acting in the Society’s best interest by providing a positive image to the public
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Community travel may be required