Horton Ventures Inc., in Williams Lake, BC, is seeking a dynamic, outgoing individual to join our Team in Williams Lake, BC.
Our Company’s mission is to support and assist British Columbians to sustain employment. Our services support both unemployed individuals, to obtain employment, and employers, to sustain or increase their current human resource skill level.
As a contracted partner of the Target Skills Shortage Program (TSSP), we assist employers, in select industries, to grow the potential of their low skilled employees by providing access to training funds. To deliver this opportunity to employers in Cariboo Region, we are seeking a Training Coordinator to work with employers in identifying their needs and appropriate training courses that will grow their human resources.
The Training Coordinator position is a part-time (21 hrs/ week) position, at a pay rate of $17.00/hr, that will be in place until March 31, 2014.
The successful candidate will be accountable for
- Marketing the TSSP to eligible industry employers
- Investigating the employers current needs
- Assessing and Identifying training courses that will satisfy the needs of the employers
- Assessing employee eligibility for training
- Coordinating training plans and dates with training institutes for employees
- Performing administrative tasks associated with the program.