Dream Of Being Your Own Boss?
If Self-employment seems like a perfect fit for your career, our Employment Services Centers are here to support you while you create your next Job.
Participants in the Self-Employment program receive business training and access to financial assistance while getting their new business up and running.
To be eligible, you must be:
- Unemployed and on Employment Insurance (EI);
- Unemployed and an EI claim in the last 5 years; OR
- Unemployed and have started a maternity or paternity claim in the last 5 years.
- BCEA Clients with a Persons with Disabilities Designation or Person with Persistent Multiple Barrier status;
- General Clients with a disability who have had their disability confirmed through a Disability Related Employment needs assessment.
This program provides financial support, business counselling and business training for up to 48 weeks while establishing your new business.
The first step is to make an appointment with a Case Manager at one of the our WorkBC Employment Services Centers to verify eligibility.
You can learn more about being Self-Employed on the WorkBC Site.